Assoc. Prof. Biliana Nikolova | CV
Home | CV | Projects | Publications
- 2001: Ph.D., Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 1987 – 1992: M. Sc., Sofia University, Faculty of Biology
- April 2019 – up to now: Head of Electroinduced and Adhesive Properties Department
- 2013 – up to now: Associate Professor at Institute of Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 2001 – 2013: Research Associate at Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 1994 – 2001: PhD student at Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 1992 – 1994: Specialist at Central Laboratory of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 3-20 May, 1993: Trieste, Italy ICGEB Theoretical and Practical course “Yeast molecular genetics”.
- 9-15 September, 1996: Prague, Czech Republic FEBS practical course “Advanced methods: DNA sequencing and microinjection”.
- 7-12 October, 2003: Gaiser, Romania, International School of Biophysics.
- 19-22 November, 2003: Ljubliana, Slovenia, Intrnational Scientific Workshop and Postgraduate Course, “Electroporation based tecnologies and treatments”
- 14-18 July, 2007: Imperial College, London, UK 6th EBSA and BBS Congress.
- 11-16 October, 2007: Mangalia, Romania, International School of Biophysics.
- 1 June-1 July, 2003: Bucharest-Magurele, Romania, Center of Exellence of Europian Comission – National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engeneering.
- 21 November-21 December 2005: Toulouse, France, IPBS, CNRS.
- 1-30 June 2006: Toulouse, France, IPBS, SNRS.
- 1-30 June 2007: Toulouse, France, IPBS SNRS.
- August- November 2014: Chiba, Japan NIRS.
Supervisor of M.S. and Ph.D. students
- M.S. student – Desislava Iocheva
- Ph.D. student – Severina Atanasova
- Bulgarian – mother language
- English – fluent
- Russian – fluent
Reviewer for theses
- Ph.D. and M.S. theses of students from Faculty of Biology, Sofia University
Member of the editorial boards of the international Journals
- International Journal of Biomedical Engineering
- International Journal of Therapeutic Applications