On February 19, 2015, the “Bioinformatics and Mathematical Modelling” Department will hold an extended meeting session, where the former member of the Centre of Biomedical Engineering, now Institute of Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering at BAS, Prof. Dr. Plamen Angelov, who at present is Professor in the University of Lancaster, United Kingdom, will have a predefense on his dissertation thesis for promotion to the academic degree of “Doctor of Mathematical Sciences” in research direction 4.6. “Informatics and Computer Sciences”, code 01.01.12 “Informatics”. His dissertation thesis is titled “Autonomous Learning Systems: from Data Streams to Knowledge in Real-time”.
For this extended meeting session, the BIMM Department is extended with the following external members:
- Acad. Prof. Vassil Sgurev, DSc, IICT at BAS,
- Acad. Prof. Ivan Popochev, DSc, IICT at BAS,
- Acad. Prof. Kiril Boyanov, DSc, IICT at BAS,
- Corr. Memb. Prof. Mincho Hadjisky, DSc, IICT at BAS,
- Corr. Memb. Prof. Petko Petkov, DSc, Technical University of Sofia.
The meeting session will be held on 19 February 19, 2015, 11AM, in the Conference Hall of the IBPhBME, “Acad. Georgi Bonchev” Str., Block 21.